(Click PLAY on the image below to start the slide show, or manually click through the thumbnail images on the right.)
Tattooing Booking Process:
- Contact us with your tattoo idea and desired booking date(s) by filling in my online form (below).
- Schedule your appointment. We will assess your idea and if we seem like a good match, we will let you know available dates.
- Provide a $200 deposit to hold your date and begin the design work. Deposits are non-refundable and come off the total price of your tattoo. We accept cash, debit or credit (in person), or e-transfers such as Zelle and Venmo.
Custom Tattoo Designing Process:
- Consultation/Briefing - Discuss your tattoo in person or via phone, email, or social media messages. Gather information about placement, imagery, and design.
- Research - Source inspiration and reference material.
- Compose - Create original design (sketched) and present to Client.
- Review - Exchange ideas, receive Client feedback.
- Revise - Includes one* revision of your sketched design. *Additional revisions are subject to my hourly rate.
- Finalize - Create an ink outline of your sketched design.
- Approve - Receive Client approval on finished ink design.
Day-Of Tattooing Process:
- Show up ON TIME. We will not work on you if you are more than 15 minutes late. If you are late or no-show, you will be charged for the hour dedicated to set up and tear down. We are happy to move your appointment with 72 hours notice or more.
- Show up healthy, showered, hydrated, and fed. We will not work on you if you are ill, stanky, hungover, under the influence, or unrested. We cannot tattoo persons who are pregnant, under the influence, under age 18, or who have tested positive for HIV, AIDS, or Hepatitis. We will not work on skin that is damaged, broken, or sunburned. Please, take extra good care of yourself, especially in the days before our appointment. You are asking your body to endure pain and heal today!
- Stencil - We’ll apply a stencil of your tattoo to the desired location. You’ll have time to view the design on your body before we make it permanent. We’ve done our best to ensure that all will work as planned, but we may need to adjust the location or scale of the design the day-of.
- Tattooing - We’ve done our best to estimate the amount of time we’ll need, but please reserve plenty of time around your appointment as it may take longer than anticipated. Honour your commitment to our reservation. If you need to leave before your tattoo is complete, we cannot guarantee a rebooking right away. It is optimal to take at least 5-10 minutes from each working hour for stretch/hydration breaks.
- Payment - The remaining balance of your tattoo is due the day of your appointment. Accepted payment methods are credit card, debit card, e-transfers such as Zelle and Venmo, and cash.
- Aftercare - You’ll receive written aftercare instructions to ensure optimal healing of your new tattoo. Your new tattoo will need 72 hours of very special care and will take approximately 2 weeks to heal completely*. Never subject a new tattoo to chemicals, fragrances, or sun, and never submerge a new tattoo in water (swimming, bathing, hot-tubbing). *There is always a small chance that your skin may react negatively to the process of tattooing. Tattoo inks can cause allergic reactions in some people and broken skin is vulnerable to infection, irritation by chemicals, fragrances, sunburn, and heat rash. These reactions can destroy the integrity of your tattoo and are not a reflection of the technical application by the artist.
Our current rate is $150/hr for tattoo services. A $100/hr fee applies to design time. Each project is unique and the amount of energy required varies. We can offer you an estimate based on your needs. Please keep in mind that estimates are our best guess, and we are not guaranteeing that your tattoo will be completed in that exact amount of time. Project times vary depending on artwork detail, skin condition and type, how well you sit, etc. and we ask clients to understand that this is not a perfect science, it's an ART.
If a custom design is just not in your budget, there's still hope for us! :) Keep an eye on our Instagram account for posts on available FLASH.
Last but not Least, the Fine-Print ...
Project Estimates and Payment
The service fee estimates are based on my current understanding of the project and its demands, and represents a certain number of hours required to complete the work. Please note that this is only an estimate and not a guaranteed price. All services will be billed at our hourly rate. A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your date and begin design work. Deposits expire after 6 months. I will present a final bill at the end of each project which is due on receipt.
Cancellation and Delay Policy
The client may terminate the agreement within 48 hours of acceptance with no associated fee and will be guaranteed the return of their initial deposit. Cancellations of your appointment require 72 hours notice. We will agree to one rescheduling of your appointment in the event that a cancellation is required. In the event of project cancellation, the client agrees to compensate LUCID ARTS for any work completed to date that exceeds the deposit, including sketches, at the current hourly rate. The timeline is largely driven by the client(s) submitting necessary content, review and feedback in a timely fashion. We will communicate any delays and keep the client current on progress. In the event the client delays a project or puts a project on hold for more than 14 days, the project will be deemed closed and all work done to date will be due and payable as billed. If the client desires to resume the project after it has been closed then a new contract must be agreed to.
All rights reserved for any artworks and/or designs we create. All artworks and/or designs remain our sole property. You may not use, publish, or reproduce our art work without permission. Photos of your tattoos must include credit to the artist. No third party may use these images without written permission from the artist.
Are We Right for Each Other?
We are life-long Artists who have been technically trained as Tattooists. Our passion lies in the symbolism and story behind the artwork. How can we use imagery to convey your idea? How can we make it look beautiful on the canvas of your body? Tattooing is a sacred collaboration between the artist and the client, and those are the questions we will answer together along our journey.
We prefer to tattoo our own designs in our own styles - browse our portfolios to acquaint yourself with our art. There are themes and images we love working with, and some we may decline. Everything is custom. This means we will draw you a one-of-a-kind design by hand, in our own style, before we tattoo it. Exceptions are artwork that you have created yourself or images that we attain the appropriate permission to use. We charge hourly for any time dedicated to your tattoo, including communicating, meeting, sketching, inking, and of course, the day-of tattooing.
This is what our process looks like...